Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Absence Makes the Back Grow Stronger?

I have not been as dedicated to my posting over the last 2 weeks. Unfortunately, after I hurt my back a couple weeks ago, I haven't worked out much. I've played around with some movements and done light squats, but that's about it. My back is one of my most valued body parts, so I decided to use a longer time off to let it heal. I'm happy to say I feel like it is back to about 98%. It is no longer noticeable during workouts, so I'd say I'm good to go. 

This week, I was able to back squat 157.5#x5 (I forgot the other 2.5# plate to make it 160.) That is more than I've been able to lift ever and I'm super pumped. While my back was acting up, I spent a lot of time figuring out a new grip on the bar; I'm now in a hybrid between low and high bar back squat. My upper back is more tight since my hands are closer, but I didn't lose the power of the low bar. I really like where my squat is right now. I am very excited to see how far I can get on this new strength program. I'm certain my press and bench are better than ever also, I just care a lot less about those. 

Later this week, I'll post all my workouts. I'm also going to start trying to put some of the Paleish meals I make on here (pictures included). 

That's all I have for now. Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment